WHAT should i expect when i visit riverbend?
Serving People - When you visit, you will find a welcoming congregation of the Lord’s people. It is our prayer that we will properly convey to you the love of Jesus Christ upon your visit.
Sound Doctrine - Paul exhorted the early church to speak that which is sound doctrine (Titus 2:1). The church at Riverbend is interested in following after the simple New Testament pattern in all walks of life. We seek to follow after the doctrine of Christ and His apostles (2 John 1:9; Acts 2:42). Questions such as “What must I do to be saved?” and “What is God’s will for my life?” are answered using the Word of God alone.
Scriptural Worship - Since the church in the first century has been established, God has authorized various outlets for man to offer Him praise. The Riverbend church of Christ follows the simple New Testament pattern of Christian worship. Each Lord’s Day at Riverbend, we worship God by:
1) Praying—As a congregation, we pray to God the Father (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18; James 5:16).
2) Singing—When one sings to God, he or she must sing from the heart. At Riverbend, you will find the music which is offered as praise to God to be solely from the heart (Colossians 3:16-17).
3) Observance of the Lord’s Supper—We honor the death of our savior, Jesus Christ, by remembering Him in observance of the Lord’s Supper every Lord’s Day (1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
4) Giving—Every first day of the week our members obey the command to give back of our means to the Lord (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
5) Gospel Preaching—A gospel sermon will be presented which is based upon the perfect Word of God (Acts 20:7; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).